Thursday, November 10, 2011

Splat!

Last Sunday I was approached by one of the youth to partake in the youth fundraiser, and I was eager to participate.  The objective was to raise monies for the youth mission trip for next summer.  They are going to Toronto, Canada to assist church planters through sports camps, bible schools, prayer walking, etc.  Knowing this, I could not say "No!" to our youth.  The event: receive a pie in the face from the highest bidder.

My background on pie throwing is limited to a paper plate filled with whip cream.  The teens background: a real pie (yep, crust and all).  I was a bit surprised when I noticed wth pies, the first one went to our youth pastor Chad.  He received a brutal blow from Luke at is seemed to dislocate his jaw from the tremendous force applied from the throw.  Never did I see a bigger smile on a teenagers face.

Next!!!

I placed the trash bags around my upper torso, and took a seat to ready for the pie.  Hunter was the chosen one to administer the giving of the pie.  He was kind, very kind.  He hit me with a downward motion that avoided my nose and nasal cavity.  The "oohs" and "ahhhs" were heard as they observed my pie-covered face, and yes, it did taste good, too good.  It was a worthy and noble gesture to help raise funds for the youth trek up north and assist in sharing the message of Jesus Christ.  Oh well, after all, it was only pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment