Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Matters of Importance

Too often in our lives, we focus on the minors and major on the minors.  What really matters most in life is ignored, and precious time and resources are spent on trivial issues.  I have discovered that God's Word is trustworthy and reliant.  God has declared to us His matters of importance, and somehow we have watered them down through time and opinions to suit our comfort levels.  First off, eternity matters.  We are only on this planet for a small amount of time, but we will spend eternity in heaven or hell.  Preparation should take a place of emphasis in our lives.  The question, "Are you prepared to step into eternity?"  Should remind us of the frailty of life, and the need to focus on matters of eternity.  Have you or your loved ones made that all important decision to trust Christ as Savior?

The second issue deals with family.  Family is an institution ordained by God and should be held in the highest regard.  Basically, spend time with your family.  A child will spell love as T-I-M-E.  So spend your time wisely upon the people in your life.  In this culture, especially, shower time on your loved ones.  Make them feel special through time spent together.  My little princess loves puzzles.  I mean she LOVES puzzles.  They are NOT my thing.  I don't care for them at all.  However, I still do puzzles with my princess, because she wants to do them.  It's our time together.  Hopefully one day, she will want to play a sport or attend a ballgame as "our time together."  Regardless, I will spend time with her making memories.  Hopefully, when the time comes, she will remember this and place me in a quality nursing home, or maybe even live in her basement ("King of Queen's" style).

No comments:

Post a Comment