Thursday, May 10, 2012

Remembering You

Well, I knew it was coming, so no surprise there, but it stings.  This is my first Mother's Day without mom this side of heaven.  I'm normally good at suppressing emotions (at least in public), but this time not so easy.  It started earlier this week with seeing commercials about this celebration, then at prayer time with Mary, and finally today with Mary's kindergarten orientation.  Mom would have been the first to receive an anxious phone call describing the days activities from an overly excited 5 year old.  However, we still have our conversations with Nana, just not the same though since we cannot hear the sound of her voice as she too sounded excited and asked lots of questions.  That is probably what I miss most...her voice.  From laughter to advice to preaching to praying...her voice made huge impressions on my life.  So mom, Happy Mother's Day as you continue to enjoy your rewards in heaven through listening and telling stories.  We love you and think of you each day.
enjoying some laughs this past summer at Dollywood


Since mom loved to laugh...I call this one "family reunion"

No comments:

Post a Comment