Thursday, January 26, 2012

Birthday

Last Saturday we celebrated my beautiful wife's birthday (I'm not telling her age, even though she is 6 weeks older than me), and per Lee household custom, the celebration will last at least one week.  When I announced to Mary that we were going shopping for mommy's birthday, she was totally excited.  In her mind, she started the details of how this was going to go down.  She wanted a birthday cake, actually she wanted to bake it at home, but we really did not have time for all that, so she settled for a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.  She announced to the DQ staff the occasion for the cake, and started to peer through the cases for the right one.  In my mind, I was looking for a small cake since there were only 3 of us going to eat this, but I was overruled by the midget.  She just HAD to have the 3 princesses on the cake, and they would only fit on the large cake.  See where this is going????  So after carefully negotiating, I chose to listen to Mary with her choice of this cake.  And Mary was right, Lisa LOVED having the cake decorated with Belle, Aurora, and Cinderella.  (Yes, I know my princesses, you would too after watching those movies a zillion times, but I loved every moment of it!)
It does look very nice, and Mary selected all the color scheme's.  Plus, we have ALL enjoyed eating this treasure throughout the week.  Wait, I believe there is still a little left in the freezer.  Note to self: check freezer after tonight's supper.

Mary also enjoyed shopping for presents.  We visited a jewelry story where Mary selected several pieces (within our budget) to brighten mommy's day.  Then we made our way to Hallmark to obtain a card (musical of course) to express love.  Mary chose a card with themed music from "Sleeping Beauty" that was a hit with mommy.  We were also to score two movies that Lisa loves: "Enchanted" and "Secretariat."  They are excellent flicks that are worthy of owning to view many times.

All in all, it was a great celebration.  Speaking of that, we will continue that tonight with more food, laughter, and movies.  This was a "post" celebration pic since we failed to light candles the first time.  As you can tell...the smiles were plenty.

1 comment:

  1. Priceless....Enjoy every minute they are grown before you know it...
    Eddie Goodman

    ReplyDelete