Thursday, December 8, 2011

Family

This past weekend we were able to celebrate the wedding of our favorite niece (mind you the only one too) Amy as she exchanged wedding vows with Aaron.  It was a great weekend with piles and piles of laughter and smiles.  A tender moment as they declared publicly their love and devotion for one another.  PLUS, our little princess was able to serve as flower girl.

Family is very important.  VERY important.  Make sure you able to spend time with family.  Many a time I've sat with individuals in the latter stages of life, and they began to survey their life.  Not one of them ever said, "I wish I'd spent more time at the office" or "I wish I'd done more for the business."  Rather, they have all wished for more time with family.

Why do we wait until the end to survey our lives?  Why not evaluate our lives now while we have time to make corrections?  That is my admonition to you this week.  Spend time with family.  Show them you care and love them (sounds like a good song...thank you Mr. James Taylor).

Here's a pic of Mary and Papaw

No comments:

Post a Comment