Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Memories

It seems the longer I live the more I rely on memories.  This is a cause for concern since I'm plagued by the "male" gene of remembrance.  Sounds like this...
        "Honey, have you seen the remote control?"  (Her answer: right beside you.)
        "Lisa, where are the batteries?"  (Her answer: right where you left them.)
As you can tell, I'm not very good at remembering, but memories are VERY important in our life.  God uses our memories to remind us of His promises and His watchful eye.  God will point to the crossroads of our lives and show us how He protected us and showed us the right path to choose.  Memories also provide a frame point of time in telling significant times.  We often remember where we were at during the 9-11 attacks.  We often remember what we were doing on anniversary dates or birth dates.  Significant milestones related to careers, relationships, or events help shape and sharpen our memories.

I can recall childhood events with great clarity, but often fail to remember last nights supper.  For the record, I had the bestest childhood ever!  No, we did not possess lots of wealth or material goods, but we had lots of love and attention.  Never a dull moment since we had family and creativity.  One such memory is playing tennis with my brother, cousin, and aunt for what seemed like hours, and I was just a small child, but to be included in "chasing" tennis balls all over the court was a highlight.

However, now I must help create new memories for my wife and daughter.  It helps to be in the 21st century with the use of a camera,  but we still must be creative in making the most of a moment.  What will you plan this month in creating a memory?  Nothing is too big or too small, just go out and do it.

A recent pic of the family at Disney on Ice

No comments:

Post a Comment