Monday, February 20, 2012

The Puzzler

I've already confessed that I'm NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer, never have been, never will be.  However, God has placed into my care a delightful and artistic little princess, and she loves puzzles.  Check that: LOVES puzzles.  I do not.  Yet, since I love my daughter, I will continue to sit with her and do puzzles together.  I struggle with 12 piece puzzles, yet alone more complicated ones, but when she came into possession of a 50 piece puzzle (thanks to my wife), I looked for excuses to avoid this past time hobby.  She finally corralled me into joining her over the weekend.

 That sweet face is hard to deny when making a request.

So we worked and worked and worked on it, while also watching "Tinker Bell: The Great Fairy Rescue."  By the way, a good flick even for adult standards.  Those pieces are so small and the image is different from the actual completed puzzle (thank you puzzle maker!).  After several attempts, we finally completed it.  I must say she finished the puzzle by adding the last four pieces all in the center section.  Very proud of her creativity and artistic personality.

The completed puzzle (notice the "Cars" emblem is on different corner from the box).

All of this was achieved after I had played basketball with some men in the church.  I did better in not over extending myself in running up and down a court.  It helped that we had more men (20) so we rotated every five minutes (hallelujah!).  We had another great time, looking forward to our next adventure in two weeks.

Last pic of Mary talking me into going to Dunkin Donuts before preschool.  Not that it takes much to convince me of going there...love their coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment