Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Another view

Well this morning I dragged myself out of bed (after hitting the snooze button several times) to hit the trail again.  This time I took note of the start and ending time thanks to a clock in the garage which was placed lovingly by wife several months ago.  The unofficial time for my 2 mile trek was 15:20.  Not too bad, but I did push a little since I committed to posting the time here. :)

While I was cruising the 'hood this morning, I took time to notice several homes.  Since I am now "visiting" the other part of the 'hood that I am not accustomed to driving through, I paid close attention to the yards.  You know, the color of the grass (hopefully green, but with this drought, most are showing brown), the length of the grass, yard ornaments, flowers, and shrubs.  You can also tell by yard debris if there are any children around...can I get a witness!?!?  Then my thoughts turned to a spiritual application...what does our life tell about us?  Are we close to God?  Are we trusting Him with our details?  Do we "hide" things in the back yard in hopes of concealing a mess?  Do we have a tendency to act like a toddler ("I can do it myself!")?  Also, I wonder if God laughs at our attempts to take control of our lives and situations?  Since I enjoy laughter, I realize that God too must enjoy laughter (especially at my antics), but is quick to comfort us in failures.  So take heart, and realize that in our journey we don't surprise God, but He will always (and I mean always) love us in spite of our clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment