Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers Day

What comes to your mind for Father's Day?  For some it's a day to relax, watch sports, eat big, or spend time with family.  Either way you choose to spend it, make the most of it.  I received a great gift for Father's Day: a mountain bicycle.  I am really excited to get in the groove of using it since I am in dire need to lose weight and get back into shape.  Way back in the day, my wife and I used to have matching 10 speed bikes, and we enjoyed riding them, so now is my chance to get back into it.  On my first spin through the neighborhood, I relished the wind in my face especially going down hill, but alas, one must also go uphill.  That was a challenge, but I made it through the neighborhood and did not hurt myself in the process. 

The rest of my Father's Day was spent eating lunch at Red Robin, riding a carousel with my daughter at Cary Town Center Mall, enjoying a cookie sandwich filled with icing, and watching Cinderella...pretty much a normal day. :)  I am so blessed...great family, friends, church, neighbors, and Savior!  Thank you God for all that you have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment