Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Space Bags

Space Bags.
Recently an effort has been put forth in the Lee household to clean and organize closets (not my idea mind you, but one that had to be done).  What started as a relatively easy task, later erupted as a mammoth beast in really organizing existing closet space.  Mary won the contest of having the most items…anyone surprised?  Since I generally fluctuate in weight size, I normally have two sizes: regular and husky (nice way of saying it, don’t you think?).  So to accommodate the large surplus of clothing, we discovered a great way to store clothing items: space bags.  Seriously, they are fantastic and work wondrously.

I must admit that I was extremely skeptical of the bag that reduces bag size by removing air through a “magical” portal.  However, it works!  We bought several bags to store items, and then placed them in the attic for future retrieval.  I’m not sure how it works, it just works.  The image of attaching a vacuum to the bag portal helped me to see something different.  What does it look like to a child of God, when we allow the Holy Spirit to remove ourselves from the center spotlight?  I believe that less is more.  When I decrease, God increases.  True to the opposite: when I increase, God decreases.

Spiritually speaking, is it time to employ the use of space bags in your life?  What do you need to do to let God be God in your life?  Tough choices, but they must be made.  Let’s work together in allowing God to increase in our lives with the hope of others coming to know Christ as Lord and Savior.

Blessings,
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment