Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bicycle Cause Efforted

What a rush!  This morning I was able to peddle my way around the neighborhood without causing harm to myself (which is a good thing) and neighbors (which is important to them too).  The total distance is 2 miles.  Since it does include hills and  inclines, these tired legs were pushed, dragged, and beaten into submission, and let's not even mention the saddle.  No amount of cushion is helpful to me, so I do what my dad taught me many times as a child "suck it up son, get used to it!"  The new gear function is amazing...just a click of the thumb or index finger, and you are able to go up or down with ease.  Technology is wonderfully cool!  It is a challenge, but hopefully I will drag myself out of bed in the morning and repeat the cycle of abuse in hopes of trimming weight and increasing lung capacity.  You never know when you will need to yell really loud for a really long time period.  It took me about 23 minutes to complete the coarse, but I will follow that time more closely tomorrow for a more accurate reading.  Once I get some better endurance, I will check out the bike trails around the area, but not too quickly...no need in bringing humiliation into the equation.  In the mean time, happy trails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment